Your home may be at risk if you do not upgrade your old Zinsco Panels. Read below to find out more about the hazards of Zinsco Panels.
Zinsco Panels were among the most popular electrical safety products in North America. Eventually, electricians and home inspectors discovered that these panels often failed to operate properly. Thus, they could potentially cause electrical shock or fires.
If you have Zinsco panels in your home, your family is at risk of potential hazards.
Why Zinsco Panels Are Obsolete Today
Zinsco panels can work fine for years. However, due to increased energy demands in residential properties, the panels may overheat resulting in melting parts.
If a breaker melts to the bus bar of the panel and can no longer adequately trip during an overcurrent or short circuit, high levels of power from the outside electrical supply surges into the electrical system.
When this occurs, you can’t stop the surge or shut off the electrical circuit manually. The panel could overheat and catch fire, causing serious harm to your home or your family.
Damaged Caused by Zinsco Panels
Although Zinsco panels can operate for years with no problems, experts warn that these panels may present numerous problems and even hazards if and when they fail.
In fact, 25 percent of all Zinsco circuit breakers could fail to trip in response to an overcurrent or short circuit and possibly create a hazardous situation, injury, or fatality.
Panel Inspections and Replacement
To find out what you can do to replace the outdated panels, contact Harrison Electric at 763-544-3300, or you can message us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can inspect your home and replace your old panels with modern, safe panels.