If you have Federal Pacific Electric Panels in your home, your family may be in danger of electrocution or fires in the home. The panels may fail to provide electrical safety for residential properties.
Federal Pacific Electric Company (FPE) was a popular manufacturer of circuit breaker panels in the U.S. during the 1950s to the 1980s. Electricians installed millions of panels in homes across the country. Later on, electricians and home inspectors eventually discovered that their panels failed to provide adequate protection to homeowners and their families.
Reports now reveal that FPE panels are likely to overheat or ignite a fire after a decade a of use.
Legal Action Against Federal Pacific
In a class action lawsuit, a New Jersey State Court ruled that the Federal Pacific Electric (FPE) Company “violated the Consumer Fraud Act because FPE knowingly and purposefully distributed circuit breakers which were not tested to meet UL standards”
You can find the Class Accident Settlement Notice at this website. The extensive expert research found that FPE panels fail to trip at a much higher rate than standard panels outlined in UL 489 test conditions.
Potential Hazards of Federal Pacific Panels
When a breaker fails to trip, high levels of electrical power from the outside electrical supply surge electrical system. The surge cannot be interrupted or shut off manually. The electricity will continue to burn until the wires melt or the source of electricity burns out.
The panel could overheat and catch fire, causing serious harm to your home. Federal Pacific Electric panels and breakers may operate with no problems for up to a decade. But when they malfunction, a disaster could occur in your house.
Contact Us Today
To find out what you can do to replace the outdated panels, contact Harrison Electric at 763-544-3300, or you can message us at firstname.lastname@example.org.