Below is a list of contractors in your area that can perform complete electrical inspections. Each contractor has the tools and equipment necessary to perform repairs on site to avoid reschedules.
Each contractor is licensed, certified, and trained to perform electrical work for residential properties. We can verify their experience and quality of work.
What Does an Electrical Inspection Include?
Sometimes, electricians may be called to perform inspections in a nearby city. Therefore, they will pull a permit that guarantees they are certified to perform work in your home and that the work will meet or exceed industry standards and Minnesota building codes.
Below is a general outline of what you can expect during an electrical inspection (subject to change depending on the home).
- Adequate wattage for lighting fixtures and bulbs
- Switch and wall outlet operation and condition
- Safety risks such as electrocution or fire
- GFCI and AFCI devices functioning properly
- A check of all safety and security lighting
- Confirmation of adequate grounding
- Validation of appropriate surge protection
- Smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector tests and proper placement
- Inspection of the electrical panel for appropriate labels, amps, and operation
- Outdoor electrical systems assessment
- Ensure that all electrical wiring is updated, connected, and adequate
- All major appliance cords and connections
Contract Inspectors & Links
The following are all contracted inspectors who generally have home offices. They’re listed alphabetically by last name. They take calls and inspections until about 8:15 a.m., and then start performing their electrical inspections for the day. Some that have larger service areas or many cities only do inspections in areas a few days a week (not every day).
We can help you schedule the inspection, or you can schedule it yourself by clicking the link to each contractor website below. You need to schedule a specific date and time. You also need to be home during the inspection.
- Long Lake
- Maple Plain
- Minntonka Beach
- St. Bonifaciouis
- Spring Park
- Cities of Arden Hills
- Brooklyn Center
- Little Canada
- North St. Paul
- North Oaks