Below are useful resources for anyone looking to start or further their career in residential or commercial electrical field. These online tools provide an overview of the industry at large and your role in it as a professional electrician.
Current Electrical Industry Statistics in the Twin Cities
- Currently, there are 1,570 openings for electricians.
- The median Electrician hourly wage is $39.35.
- Currently, there are 4,570 workers employed in the construction electrical trade.
Current Labor Information & Statistics in Minnesota
Project Build MN
Information about skilled trades including electrical in Minnesota
MN Department of Employment & Economic Development (DEED)
A search feature that you can use to find current employment and education information in the electrical field.
Example of a Typical Electrical Trade School Program
Anoka Technical College
- Annual tuition and fees are $13,282.
- The program prepares the graduate for entry-level construction electrician duties in an apprenticeship role.
- Apprenticeship jobs start out at $14-$20/hour depending on experience & location.
- Typical requirement 6,000 – 8,000 hours on the job training after graduation to become a Journeyman Electrician.
Information About Harrison Electric
Harrison Electric, Inc. electricians typically make up to 50% more than the median electrician in the Twin Cities.
Start Your Career Today
Interested in a position at Harrison Electric? View all open positions on our Careers page, or contact us at (763) 544-3300.