Do you find yourself reaching for the traditional incandescent light bulbs you grew up with every time you need to change one? The next time you do, stop and think about these reasons why you should start replacing every light bulb in your home with LEDs. 

1. Energy efficient

Did you know that traditional incandescent light bulbs can lose up to 80 percent of its energy to heat loss? This means that only about 20 percent of the light bulb's energy actually goes toward lighting. LED light bulb, in comparison, lose only about 20 percent of their energy to heat loss. This leaves 80 percent of their energy doing their intended job. In addition, LED bulbs require only 10 to 20 percent of the power that incandescent light bulbs need. 

2. Last longer

Traditional incandescent light bulbs are a modern day miracle but they have one crucial design flaw that is addressed with LED light bulbs. They contain a filament that is subject to breakage and/or burn out with surprisingly frequent regularity. While LED bulbs can work for more than 100,000 hours without ever flickering, an incandescent bulbs typically lasts less than half that long. 

3. Quiet operation

Humming, crackling and pinging light bulbs can make it difficult to unwind in the very place that is supposed to be the epitome of relaxation. Unlike some other types of light bulbs, LEDs operate silently. 

4. Extremely safe

As mentioned above, LED light bulbs lose only 20 percent of their energy to heat loss. This means that -- unlike incandescent light bulbs -- LED bulbs are cooler to the touch, making them the safer choice around children and pets. Because LED bulbs have little heat that is generated to their surface, they are not as likely to catch fire and burn down your home. Their solid-state construction means that LED bulbs are less likely to break as well. 

5. Light quickly

LED bulbs jump to their full brightness in a manner of microseconds. This lack of a delay in brightness means that you can light entryways and stairs quickly for the maximum in safety. 

6. Environmentally friendly

Compact fluorescent light bulbs are energy efficient when compared to incandescent bulbs. However, they contain mercury which could harm the environment if it is not disposed of correctly. LEDs contain no mercury. 

Consider investing in a package of LED light bulbs and slowly change the lights in your home. 


Contact Us for More Information