You’ve probably seen it countless times: an electrical spark at the moment you plug in your hair dryer or blender. There are times when you can safely ignore that electric spark, but there are other times when that spark is a sign that something is wrong with your electrical system. At Harrison Electric, we’ve found that if you’ve experienced the following and you have an electrical spark, you should contact us as soon as possible to avoid an electrical fire.

Outlets Compromised by Water

It’s quite obvious that water and electricity don't mix. If you have a leak in your roof, it’s possible that your electrical outlet has been exposed to water which could cause the spark. In situations such as these, our team of experts can help you resolve your electrical problem once your leak is fixed. We can install ground fault circuit interrupts to prevent you from seeing sparks when you plug your appliances into your outlets.

Outlets with Short Circuits

Another problem that will cause you to see an electrical spark once you plug in an electrical device is short circuits. Short circuits are a malfunction within the wiring of your electrical system. Many things can cause a short circuit in your home. The best course of action to remedy the problem is to contact a licensed professional like our team at Harrison Electric. Not only can we fix your problem, but we can also determine whether or not other outlets in your home are affected.

Old Outlets

As electrical outlets age, they don’t work as well as they used to work. Homeowners who live in an older home may find that many of their outlets spark because their outlets are dated. Over the years, Harrison Electric has seen this problem in a lot of homes. In these instances, these homeowners are playing with fire when it comes to their electrical outlets. By making a decision to overlook aged electrical outlets, these homeowners aren’t doing all they can to prevent an electrical fire in their home.

Sparks from your electrical outlet could be a sign of an electrical problem in your home. Although you may feel confident that you are safe, it takes an expert diagnosis to determine whether your sparking outlets are harmless or if they are a symptom of a bigger problem. If your electrical outlets spark, give us a call so that we can diagnose your electrical system. We are happy to fix any underlying problems that may cause your outlets to short circuit.


Contact Us for More Information