Once you've decided it is time for a ceiling fan replacement
in your Minneapolis, Minnesota home, you have to get that new ceiling fan. However, it needs to match with your current interior décor while also providing the best cooling effect in the room that you are putting it in. It's hard to make this decision, but here are a few tips to help you choose the right ceiling fan:
- Room Size Matters – When selecting the size of your fan, you need to know the room size. For a small to medium-sized room (225 square feet), you need a fan with approximately 122cm blades. For a large room (up to 400 square feet), you need a fan with approximately 123cm blades.
- Quiet or Loud – If you are placing a fan in a living room or even a kitchen, you should select a fan with metal blades. For a study, library or bedroom, it is better to opt for a fan with timber blades. Metal blade fans will often move more air and produce a tad bit more noise than timber blade fans, which is why they are not recommended for a quite environment.
- Number of Blades – Ultimately, there isn't much difference in the way fans perform based on the numbers of blades that they have. It's really all about preference of design here.
- Lighting – If your ceiling fan will be replacing the room's primary light source, then it is imperative that you purchase a fan with a light. If it is not the main source of lighting, then it's up to you.
- Extension Rods – You only need an extension rod for your ceiling fan replacement if you have a ceiling that is higher than roughly 10 feet. It simply helps bring the cooling effect closer to you. As a general rule, your ceiling fan blades should be roughly six feet from the floor.
If you're looking to add design to the room or simply want to cut down on cooling costs, a ceiling fan replacement or addition is perfect. After all, ceiling fans only cost a few cents to run each hour, similar to the same cost as a 60 watt light bulb. For more information or to schedule an installation, give us a call here at Harrison Electric.
Contact Us for More Information